I’m delighted to announce that I have taken on a new part-time regular commission for Customer First Business Solutions Ltd in Bedford.
I’ve known Stuart Channon, Customer First’s managing director for a number of years having first met him when he was I.T. Consultant for two of my previous clients. Since then I have carried out two research exercises for the his company focusing on how I.T. and CCTV is procured by clients owning, operating and/or managing the following:-
1) Occupied education facilities and
2) Care homes.
Earlier this year, following a further exploration of the need for and, importantly, the legality of overt surveillance within existing care homes, Stuart decided there was opportunity to employ my freelance services to expand on Customer First’s CCTV arm’s exposure to the Care Sector.
Customer First Business Solutions
CFBS was formed in 2005 by Stuart Channon to provide IT Services (Data and Hardware Installations), IT Support, (trouble-shooting, maintenance, Out of Hoursetc.) and CCTV.
The company has since grown by focusing on “joined-up” solutions to its clients’ IT business challenges and now employs installers and IT support staff.
With a strong background in both the management of people and data, CFBS’s objectives for its clients are clear …
- Understand your problems and challenges,
- Provide meaningful and effective solutions,
- Provide reliable ongoing support.
Please feel free to give me a call on 07864 161621 (or Stuart on 01908 533002 / 07939 587545) if there is anything you think we might help you with. Even if it’s just to “pick our brains” or a no obligation consultation.
From my previous exercises for Stuart I was already quite familiar with his company’s background which made it easier for me to “hit the ground und running ” as BDM.
Among my initial priorities was to familiarise myself with the operation and logistics of CCTV within occupied care homes so I visited a number of live installation projects. Then I had to familiarise myself with the hardware involved and its capabilities. This homework enabled me to commence my second wave of priorities:-
- Formulate company literature, eg. specific commercial introductions based on specific sectors, case studies,
- Obtain references from existing customers,
- Carry out further, in depth research into possible new care type clients for CCTV installations – incredibly, there approximately 49,500 formally listed care type establishments across the UK!
- Introduce CFBS to a selection of selected useful GMS contacts, eg. M&E Consultants, Project Managers, main contractors and M&E sub-contractors,
- Taking off the quantities of IT hardware from enquiries received and assisting further in the estimating function,
- Amending CFBS project / enquiry database to abstract various business streams.
I’m delighted to say the combination of all the above is leading to a selection of different types of enquiries for CCTV installations.